The Lake Park Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Salary will be dependent on qualifications.
Officer minimum requirements:
- 21 years of age at time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vision with no less than 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20
- Citizen of the United States
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be of good moral character
- Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude or domestic violence
ILEA certified officers are preferred, but not required. Candidates who are ILEA certified peace officers will not be required to complete the POST or physical fitness testing. All other applicants will be required to meet the standards set forth by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy including the physical fitness and POST testing.
The City of Lake Park is an equal opportunity employer.